English is the world’s second native language. It is official language of a large number of countries. In India too, those who know English are at advantageous position- socially and professionally both. So if you are looking to learn this language, there are certain things you need to know
- There are different international testing systems available to check your English proficiency.
- You can learn this language easily – as a lot of online help is available.
- Lots of materials are also published daily for beginners as well as advance level learners.
- Plethoras of apps are available for ios and android users.
Once you have made up your mind to learn the language, invest your time and energy taking the right step i.e. predict your English score by taking few online quizzes. You will have at least a general idea of your level.
It will help you to plan your schedule of learning i.e. how many hours you have to devote to have a good understanding of the language.
Once your weekly schedule is ready, you need to motivate yourself by engaging in fruitful and meaningful activities which in turn will improve your vocabulary and functional understanding of grammar. Here also, selecting the passages or topics of your interest will do the trick. It will keep you occupied and curious, so you are doing the task by killing two birds with an arrow!
Now you are ready to get your English ability assessed on international standards. But wait, still you have to spend a bit of time in understanding how and in what format these tests are assessed. Once you are aware of the format, you can take free online tests available to predict your scores.
For example, if you are appearing for IELTS (International English Language Testing System). You’ll have to do at least one full section of both IELTS Reading and Listening to get a good idea of what your real score might be.
Predicting your English score in Speaking and Writing is a little bit harder, because you don’t have objectives for these tests. Instead, you have paragraphs in writing as well as paragraphs in speaking. To identify the level of English speaking and writing ability that you are at you can estimate your English ability in these areas by these descriptors:
- logically organizes information and ideas
- uses a sufficient range of vocabulary
- uses less common lexical items with some awareness of style
- has good control of grammar and punctuation
- speaks at length without noticeable effort or loss of coherence
- uses some less common and idiomatic vocabulary
- frequently produces error-free sentences
Nothing is impossible if you are willing. Same is with language learning and being proficient in it. Disciplined and dedicated efforts will bear result. So keep on inspiring yourself to conquer through languages. Make your life goal; learn at least three foreign languages. We are ready to help you achieve your target just have trust and give us opportunity to fulfill your ambition.