Canada-Federal Skilled Worker Program
According to the recent updates in the law, a candidate intending to have a Canadian Permanent Residence Permit, need to meet some basic conditions and assessment factors prescribed under the New Federal Skilled Worker Selection Grid which can be summarised as under:
- The candidate who possesses one-year, within the previous 10 years, of work experience in one of the 50 Fast Track High Demand Occupations or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment; AND The work experience must be classified within
- Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations),
- Skill Level A (Professional Occupations), or
- Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades) within the meaning of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
- The candidate should be capable enough to demonstrate Intermediate proficiency in one of Canada’s two official languages.
- As a candidate, you are required to score sufficient points under the skilled worker point grid comprising of six selection factors. The number of passing marks currently is 67 points.
- The candidate should possess a suitable settlement funding.
- The candidate is required to undergo a successful security background and medical examination.
Under the new rules, the candidate is required to obtained minimum of 67 points out of 100 points to qualify for the immigration to Canada. The selection factors making you eligible to immigrate to Canada are:
- Employment experience;
- Arranged employment;
The new program seeks to select candidates with the highest probability of economic settlement success and contribution to Canada. It maintains previous criteria with modification to the relative importance and point structure for each selection factor.
Orbit Immigration, a leading Canadian Immigration & Visa Consultants from Ahmedabad, has got a well-trained team to get you to the desired score for being selected under the FSW program. Let us elaborate it in detail each of the selection factors. Keep in mind the minimum score you are bound to obtain is 67 out of 100.
- The maximum score you will be able to obtain for this selection factor is 25 points if you possess a doctoral degree.
- The candidate’s profiles will be evaluated by a third party to decide the Canadian equivalent credentials and accordingly the points will be awarded.
- The third party organization designated for the Credentials Evaluation are
- Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies.
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- The World Education Services
- Medical Council of Canada
Keep yourself updated with the following points in order to equip yourself for demonstrating an intermediate to high level of proficiency in the languages used the most in Canada.
- This selection factor will earn you a minimum of 16 points and maximum of 28 points depending on your proficiency in the official languages of Canada i.e. English or French.
- Once again, Orbit Canadian Immigration & Visa services will help you out obtaining the desired score with their most talented team of language experts.
- Higher language proficiency can lead to an allocation of up to 24 points.
- The benefits of bilingualism are considered marginal to an individual’s successful economic establishment in Canada.
- The new point system limits points for a second official language to a maximum of 4.
- The minimum points a candidate will be able to obtain is 9 and the maximum is 15 under this selection factor.
- According to the new rules, there should be a minimum of 1 year of experience to qualify for the Canadian PR.
- While the maximum consideration is 6 years of experience in the respective field.
- The maximum points you will be able to earn under this selection factor is 12 points.
- These 12 points are allocated to the candidates between the age group of 18 to 35 years of age.
- Every one year above the age of 35 will reduce the allocation of the points by 1.
- No points are awarded for the candidates as of the age of 47 and more.
Arranged Canadian Employment :
These points are awarded to the candidates who have got a valid offer of employment in Canada. Let us explain this scheme in detail as it is also a very crucial for the candidates applying under this scheme.
- It is a general employment validation process introduced to streamline the skilled labour market-related employments processes
- Arranged Employment Opinion process has been replaced by the LMO (Labour Market Opinion) validation process used for processing the applications for Canadian work permits.
- It is mandatory for the employer to show to the Human Resources and Skills Development Department of Canada that the employment of the foreign worker will have almost neutral or positive economic effects on the local labour market. Then and then only the employment offer will turn out to be valid and earn the points for the work permit.
- Candidates with a validated employment offer will gain 10 points under this factor, and an additional 5 points in the Adaptability selection factor for a total of 15 points.
- This selection factor will earn the candidate maximum of 10 points. Let us have an idea about the rules pertaining to this selection factor.
- The applicant with at least 1 year of experience as full time jobber in Canada in a Managerial, Professional, Technical, or Skilled trade occupation is awarded the maximum number of points under this selection factor.
- A validated offer of employment will provide 5 adaptability points.
- Whereas other factors earning you the points under this selection factor are;
- A close adult relative living in Canada
- Applicant or spouse has studied in Canada
- Spouse has previous Canadian work experience
- Spouse has knowledge of one of the official languages Canada
Skilled Workers’ Selection Grid:
|(Canadian equivalence established by a designated third party)|
|Master’s or professional degree||23|
|Two or more post-secondary degrees, of which one is three years or longer||22|
|A three year or longer post-secondary degree||21|
|A two-year post-secondary diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship||19|
|A one-year post-secondary diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship||15|
|Secondary School Educational Credential||5|
|LANGUAGE (Abilities: Speak, Read, Write, Listen)||Max. 28|
|1st Lang||Very high proficiency (per ability) (CLB 9)||6|
|High proficiency (per ability) (CLB 8)||5|
|Intermediate proficiency (per ability) (CLB 7)*
*Minimum threshold required to apply
|Basic or no proficiency||0|
|Possible maximum (all four abilities)||24|
|2ndLang||Basic proficiency or higher (per ability)||1|
|Possible maximum (all four abilities)||4|
|EXPERIENCE (NOC Skill Level O,A,B)||Max. 15|
*Minimum threshold required to apply
|Two to three years||11|
|Four to five years||13|
|Six years or more||15|
|18 to 35 years||12|
|Less one point per year until 47 years|
|ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA||Max. 10|
|HRSDC-confirmed permanent offer of employment||10|
|Applicants from within Canada holding a temporary work permit that is:|
|Applicant has a minimum of 1 year skilled Work experience in Canada||10|
|Applicant has previously studied in Canada||5|
|Spouse has previously studied in Canada||5|
|Spouse has previously worked in Canada||5|
|Family relation over the age of 18 in Canada||5|
|Spouse is proficient in an official language||5|
Let us be clear that CIC policy makes it confirm that
- FWS (Federal Skilled Workers Program) does not favour the applications from skilled traders.
- The qualified trades candidates may now apply for PR under the FWS Trades Program.
It would be fair enough for you to visit Orbit Immigration Branch office for the detailed information in respect of any of the questions you have in your mind.